Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tool # 10 Apps

I have downloaded lots of word game Apps, Scrabble, the Set Game. They entertain me while I'm waiting in a line somewhere- a chance to exercise my brain.

These are some of the Apps that I would enjoy with students:
KenKen- I do this puzzle on Sundays in the Chronicle, fun way to reinforce math facts and problem solving.
PlanetsQ- great pictures
Dictionary.com- why carry around a huge book!
Dragon Dictation- kids love to hear themselves
Write Now Lite and Simple Note- just previewed them but I do want to download them to use for classroom observations or anytime I need to take notes

The amount of free apps is unbelievable. There are so many to choose from- good to use in a center or two.

The Apps would be great to use in a class for the after school program since we'll have the technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment